The EXIN Data Analytics Foundation certification helps professionals understand the basic concepts of data analytics, the activities in the data analysis process, and the different methods used to analyze data. candidates who pass the exam also know how outputs from the analysis process can be visualized in charts, graphs, and plots.
EXIN Data Analytics Foundation certification confirms that the professional understands the life cycle of collecting, cleaning, analyzing, and visualizing data for the purpose of gaining business insights.
The certification covers:
• turning data into insights
• collecting, organizing, managing
The EXIN Data Analytics Foundation certification is part of the EXIN Data Analytics qualification program.
The EXIN Data Analytics Foundation certification is developed for professionals who are aspiring a
role where analyzing data is part of their core responsibilities. More specifically, the following roles
could be interested:
• data/information analysts
• business intelligence analysts
• data administrators/(business) information managers
• data/analytics managers
• data scientists
This certification is also a good starting point for professionals involved in (business) operations
and management in any domain, who are interested in the business benefits of data analysis and
the techniques involved in it. These roles could include:
• (digital) marketing/media specialists
• marketing/market research analysts
• business unit/department managers
• business analysts
• finance professionals
Requirements for certification
• Successful completion of the EXIN Data Analytics Foundation exam.
- Examination type: Multiple-choice questions
- Number of questions: 40
- Pass mark: 65% (26/40 questions)
- Open book: No
- Notes: No
- Electronic equipment/aides permitted: No
- Exam duration: 60 minutes
- The Rules and Regulations for EXIN’s examinations apply to this exam.
The EXIN Data Analytics Foundation certification tests candidates at Bloom level 1 and 2 according
to Bloom’s revised taxonomy:
• Bloom level 1: Remembering – relies on recall of information. Candidates will need to
absorb, remember, recognize and recall.
• Bloom level 2: Understanding – a step beyond remembering. Understanding shows that
candidates comprehend what is presented and can evaluate how the learning material may
be applied in their own environment. This type of questions aims to demonstrate that the
candidate is able to organize, compare, interpret and choose the correct description of
facts and ideas.
The recommended number of contact hours for this training course is 14. This includes group assignments, exam preparation, and short breaks. This number of hours does not include lunch breaks, homework, and the exam.
Indication study effort
56 hours (2 ECTS), depending on existing knowledge